Yes, I accept this award because I was thrilled and excited someone other than myself enjoyed and honored what I thought of my writings or postings. Well, to tell the truth after I accepted, I started thinking what genuinely is the purpose of my writing? Hmmm, I’ve been contemplating back and forth on this question for the pass several weeks. What makes me or any other writer a good, average, great, superior or even a bad writer? Then, it hits me again; my perspective on what I and only I whom believes a writer’s work worth is to my praising. My perception or introspection allows just me to see my or any other writer’s work only in my perspective. Because, I believe I am totally mirroring what I want being created and accepted as a writer. So, if I believe in my writing then why am I so afraid to accept a nomination such as “One Lovely Blog Award”? I will tell you why, because those nasty little demons pop up just like on our computers as being blocked images trying to stop me from going ahead and taking a risk. I know I have every” write” like any other writer to write what inspires and resonates within me; whether it makes sense or not to anyone else. Though, it must be written for my sake to move forward instead of stagnating over my thoughts, if, it’s good enough or not. I will not ever know if I will not keep writing. So, I accept the good like this “Lovely Blog Award” as well as the rejection. “Sorry, your work is not what we are looking for”. No matter, through the highs and lows; I, being a writer must not resist being true to myself what connects for me to write. I create the voice meant to be heard; but, I keep waiting and wondering whom will the bell tow, my writer’s voice ring, my hard written work endeavors lure ? Will it be a publisher, a writer’s fellowship or winning a poetry contest? These are the long sufferings I endure as a writer. I accept “One Lovely Blog Award”, because my fellow follower(s) find something worthwhile in me to say” ah, gee she deserves this award”, maybe because I make sense. I believe there is a we relating as writers, sisters, brothers, camaraderie as well as colleagues. I accept this award; perhaps, my writing will have sparked another chord within me I have yearn to create not suffocate.
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2) List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
3) Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
4) Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award
5) Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already!)
The 7 things or stuff about myself:
1. I’m a vegetarian and I love to creatively cook as well as eat.
2. I love being out in Nature; it surrounds me with such serenity and harmony.
3. I am a Yogini
4. Loving from my heart and soul; is the greatest gift from the Universe.
5. I love connecting with like-minded others.
6. I believe making a difference evolves and expands within me.
7. I believe in affirmations; There is nothing impossible within the infinite possibilities
I know there are several nominees I would like to see this award go to as well as many others please feel free to write a comment.
.Heart Shaped Eyes
.Carol B Sessums
I know without every writer allowing us all to become writers as One. I would not be able to accept this award, because it is not the recognition, but what becomes of its creation which I believe becomes an evolution!
― Stephen King, Different Seasons